Maithwaite is a station on Thomas' branch line. The exact location of the station is quite a mystery. It started out as a small station on Thomas' branch line. But after the fifth season, it became a station on the mainline. Sometimes, it is situated between Knapford and Tidmouth and at others it seems to be situated between Gordon's Hill and Kellsthorpe. Since the CGI switchover, it appears to be back on Thomas' branch line.
It made its first appearance in the fifth season and appeared in every other season after that, except the seventeenth season.
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Bachmann (coming soon)
- Wooden Railway
- In Hero of the Rails and the thirteenth season, Maithwaite was a dark brown colour. From the fourteenth season onwards, it returned to its original beige colour.
- In Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Maithwaite had three tracks running through it instead of one or two and the station building was a much darker colour.
- In the fifth season episode Baa!, Toby said it was his favourite station.
- The funfair is held in the field opposite Maithwaite station.
- Maithwaite was once the winner of the Best Dressed Station award.
- Since Hero of the Rails, a poster of Emily at Black Loch from the eighth season episode, Emily's New Route is seen on the side of the station. There is also a poster of the Fishing Village near the front door.
- In the fifth season, Maithwaite had one track running through it, but from the sixth season onwards, it has had two.
- Maithwaite is on display at Nitrogen Studios.